About Southern High School
Mission & Beliefs Statement
Southern High School in partnership with the students, parents, and the community develops productive citizens and life-long learners who set high expectations and make responsible decisions to promote academic success. To ensure learning, educators network through collaborative teaming, analyze data to assess student needs, and create positive relationships to promote a safe and supportive environment.
We believe that…
- Southern High School develops life-long learners and productive citizens
- Academic rigor through diverse educational, social and community activities are fundamental for the success of all
- Respect, pride and relationships foster positive school culture
- Personal growth and creativity of students and staff is the result a positive school climate that is respectful, encouraging, and inviting
- Quality instruction reaches students through diverse educational strategies
- Faculty and staff create a positive learning environment conducive to learning through professional collaboration and problem solving
Our school year is divided into two semesters. As of fall 2003, all Anne Arundel County Public High Schools operate on an A Day/B Day Block Schedule. Students may earn up to 8 credits a year.